Monday, October 1, 2007

Who Am I?

I was talking to ChurchGirl on g-chat the other day & I realized that I have been going through an identity crisis. At BYU I had a well-defined role in society - the irreverent sinner girl who said inappropriate things just to see how people would react . Like that I never want children or that I only watch Conference if an apostle is speaking (a 70=nap time). Or the time I dropped the F-bomb about an ex-roommate's now husband...

In Atlanta, however, I could swear all day without anyone thinking twice. If anything, I shock people by being super churchy:
We're going to get drunk on Sunday afternoon after we finish our papers, you in?
Ummm, I have to go to church. And, I don't drink.
Seriously? You go to church? Wow, that is crazy.

At least I still have the church. Maybe if I'm lucky I can teach another RS lesson on why I think gay marriage is okay. All the horrified looks of the sisters would make me feel so much better...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm sitting in a quiet corner of the Tanner laughing my head off thanks to this post!

Ah, the infamous f-bomb. That one was a classic moment.

The gay-marriage-is-okay RS lesson.

I miss you, Brooke.