Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wes Anderson Strikes Again


On Saturday night I coerced PC into going to see the new Wes Anderson film, The Darjeeling Limited, with me. It was classic Wes Anderson - bright colours, random events, dysfunctional family, & Owen Wilson. The story follows 3 brothers who go to India on spiritual journey, which they promptly screw up. The plot is generally a bit weak & predictable, but the trite journey analogy is interspersed with a few surprises that give the movie its depth. Of course, the traditional random hilarity is what really made the film. As a dedicated Wes Anderson fan, I loved it. And even though I practically had to cry to get PC to take me & he's probably lost all illusion of my churchiness (i still maintain it was one of the cleanest R-rated films i've ever seen...), it was well worth whatever he spent on it.

No comments: