Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Crazy?......I Just Can't See

The Montreal Saga, part two:

So in my previously cheery post about my fall break I left out some key events. After being in Montreal for about 2 days Quebecois starting acting a bit odd. She just didn't seem very happy & said some rather rude things to the Manorexic (not that he cared, but I did). I asked her if she was okay, but she pretended like everything was fine. However, by Sunday night she was barely speaking to any of us & went off with one of her friends. We went down to Old Port & had a great time, but when we came home it was back to the weird tension. The next day WorldTraveler went home & Quebecois gave her quite a chilly farewell. We were all quite puzzled by this & after an hour of discussion couldn't come up with any reason for her attitude. That was the last time I saw Quebecois because she never bothered to come home even though I was staying at her house for another day. I found the whole thing quite odd because Quebecois & I have been friends for years and never had any type of conflict. I haven't heard from her since my return & doubt I ever will. A bit sad, but is a friend like that really that big a loss?

This whole thing made me introspective about my choice of girl friends. She is the second close friend that I feel like I've had a huge falling out with in the past year. For a while I felt like this abnormally high number was perhaps because I am socially inept & subconsciously drive girls away from me. Then I thought about all the nice people I am friends with (ChurchGirl, Popular Blogging Friend, WorldTraveler) & decided that maybe I do know how to make good friends. I just also have a hard time perceiving which ones are crazy and which ones aren't.

Other low points in the trip:
*getting hit on by a drunken Moroccan
*multiple blisters
*being repeatedly yelled at by the old lady in front of me on the plane for daring to talk to Manorexic during our 3 hour plane ride back to GA. apparently she vitally needed to listen to the safety card instructions & couldn't sleep with any noise around her. this experience was mitigated by a fellow passenger leaning over and telling her that she had as much right to buy some ear plugs as the rest of us did to talk.

4 comments:

IzeOfLight said...

But the falling outs do make for entertainment for the rest of us.

I feel like such an awful person for having said that.

bh said...

ha ha - no, i find them slightly entertaining too. where do i find these crazy girls??

IzeOfLight said...

One in Provo and one in . . . ?

The interesting thing, too, is that the falling outs were similar.

I even had a major falling out with a friend last year; it was so weird because I don't think I've ever ended a friendship before. Meh. But you know when it's a relief, or when you don't miss the person a year later, that it wasn't healthy and fulfilling anyway, so there's no real loss. You'll get there, if you aren't already.

rbsp said...

Is there any other kind of Morroccans?

I'm glad you think I'm normal Brooke...