Saturday, September 27, 2008

there is a numbness in your heart & it's growing

update on my hilarious dating life:

option #1: lets call him RG. we started hanging out a bit last spring, i went to africa, realized we had wildly different world views & lost any semblance of interest. he asked me on a date last week. ironic?

option #2: lets call him IG. i may or may not have slightly led him on for my own perverse amusement. i started retreating this past week when i was talking to him & got that panicked "oh, no, he is about to ask me out. abort conversation. abort! abort!" feeling. perhaps i'd already gone too far, as he called me today to see if we could do something. luckily, i make my weekend plans early & was happily busy.

option #3: lets call him VG. we're friends, but if things progressed, this would be, in the words of dwight shrute, "purely carnal & that's all you need to know". also, allowing things to move along in any way would be incredibly emotionally destructive for me. of course, i have spent the most time with him in the past few weeks. i'm just smart like that.

option #4: he is called PC. my mother is in love with him. i'm not.

so many options, so little interest in any of them... *sigh*

3 comments:

rbsp said...

Ha, this is hilarious... I say you play them all. What is important here is that you feel good about yourself, and nothing makes you feel as good about yourself as stringing 4 boys along at one time.

rbsp said...

just kidding, that is probably the worst life advice anyone will ever give you

More Bacon said...

At least it's not boring!