Thursday, September 4, 2008

iAnnoyed

That's right, ChurchGirl. I'm stealing your naming scheme. Deal with it.

So, I've been needing a new cell phone for a while. Mine has begun ending calls by itself or turning itself off (not b/c the battery is dead, just b/c it wants to be off i suppose). I thought for a long time about switching from Verizon to AT&T b/c I really covet the iPhone. My entire family has Verizon though & forced me to get it a few years ago. And the iPhone is $$$ and I am morally opposed to AT&T's thinly veiled communication monopoly. After much agnozing debate in my head, I decided to appease my family & stick with Verizon. On Monday I was near a Verizon store so I went in, pursued the phone selections, chose the one I wanted, & then spoke to the sales agent. After beeping around on his computer for a bit, he said "Our computer network is down so we can't upgrade you right now".

Anyway, today I decided to try again. I looked up the closest store to my house & headed out in my car. About 1 mile down the road I saw a Verizon store, which hadn't been on the website. So I swerved into the parking garage next to it wishing that I had just ridden my bike instead of paying for parking. Inside the store I told the man what kind of phone I wanted. They didn't have them in stock. Furthermore, they never would b/c there Verizon just annouced a new version of the phone (which I don't want) so they won't sell the old one in the stores.

Two trips to Verizon stores. No new phone. Maybe I should have gone with AT&T afterall.

1 comment:

IzeOfLight said...

Steal away my idea (or Liz's idea?) anytime. =)

And I still love my nickname. I'd forgotten about that, but keep it coming.