Monday, March 17, 2008

zion, vol.2

i spend my spring break in utah. my roommate's friends said "Utah?? Who goes to Utah for spring break?" answer: mormons.

my favorite thing about utah is all the mormons and the hilarity that they produce:

case 1) i pull up to the visitor's parking gate at BYU & tell the guy i'm not a student. he clearly thinks i'm lying since the car i'm driving has BYU parking passes in the windshield. i tell him the car isn't mine (technically this is true) and i don't even live in utah. he looks at me with pity & kindly says, "really? you should. utah is wonderful!".......yeah, no thanks. i've done my time.

case 2) i go to a class with ChurchGirl. we start with a prayer from the infamous PrayerWhisperer. i immediately knew it was her, even before ChurchGirl told me. class goes on with phrases such as "it is incumbent upon us" being thrown around like ultra-righteous golden nuggets of wisdom.

case 3) as i cross a street in front of temple square i run into an elder from my mission. this is not the first time this has happened to me in SLC - the great gathering place of all mormons.

No comments: