Monday, March 24, 2008

everybody's changing, but i don't feel the same

last week i turned over a new leaf. after the rather poor class attendance rates of late, i decided to see what it would be like to go to all of my classes in the same week. it took a lot of will power to make it to my 9am class on wednesday, but i attended every single lab, lecture, & small group session.
i also was a super-over-achiever at church. last week i attended FHE, institute, enrichment, a ward activity, & church. and i worked a 5 hour kitchen shift in a food kitchen in downtown Atlanta.
by the end of the week i was totally exhausted. going to all those classes & church things wore me out. so i decided to turn the leaf back over to where it was. i'm skipping class right now actually. its nice to be back to mediocrity.

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

The art of turning the leaf BACK to where it was is an important one that is all too often neglected. In fact, I often don't turn the leaf over at all for fear I will forget to turn it back over and end up dying of exhaustion.

IzeOfLight said...

Ah, Brooke. I know I told you this yesterday, but I *heart* you. Church and school IS exhausting!