Wednesday, February 4, 2009

peer pressure

people i know (i don't know if i would call them "friends") have suggested i participate in the following things:
  • 25 random things on facebook (if you don't know what i'm talking about, you live in a cave...or don't have facebook)
  • blogs tags of all kinds (random things, pictures, something called carnivals?)
  • those stupid email forwards
should i be doing these things? will i not fit in if i don't? will i be a cliche if i do? do my friends expect me to scorn such things when i secretly (ok, not so secretly. hello, i have a blog.) love to talk about myself & think the 25 things on facebook is a perfect excuse? or do my friends really want me to do these things b/c they tagged me?

i just don't know how to navigate this delicate social situation

4 comments:

KT said...

HAHAHA!!! I tagged you because i hardly know anyone in the blogging world, but knew you probably wouldn't want to do it :) Ha,so no pressure...really!!!

Saule Cogneur said...

no. yes. yes. yes. yes because they want you to be lame and unoriginal just like them.

Also, your interest in vocalizing yourself is no secret.

Carrie said...

Depends on whose opinion you care more about... the people who tagged you or the ones who might think a little less of you if you went along with it.

More Bacon said...

I never respond to tags or the 25 things, frankly, because I cannot think of anything remotely entertaining to say. So I don't. Who wants to read a bunch of boring stuff about me? Perhaps my blog readers, but I think that if they're willing to put up with my rambling, I owe them at least a little bit more effort than something so generically simplistic.

And I'm lazy.