Thursday, February 5, 2009

bill gates is my hero

i hate microsoft, but i love bill gates for his humanitarian efforts & how extreme he is about the need to fund health services.

at this year's TED conference, he said, "Malaria is spread by mosquitoes. I brought some here. I'll let them roam around. There is no reason only poor people should be infected."

then he opened a jar full of mosquitoes & unleashed them on the participants. it would have been better if the mosquitoes had actually been infected with malaria, but at least he made a good point.

2 comments:

Sara said...

Good grief, Brooke -- your love for your career path makes me jealous. When I hear you and Carrie talk about public health, I think, "Why am I not super-passionate about my career?"

I like Bill Gates, too, though. If I had been in that conference room, I bet all the mosquitoes would've come to me; they always do. It would've been a nightmare!

More Bacon said...

Very cool!!