Monday, November 1, 2010

true friends 2.0

last summer i wrote this post about how to know if we are true friends. i was reviewing it recently with Rational Thought and The Interrogator & we decided it needed to be revised. some items are the same, but here is the new true friend guide (0-5=friend-ish, 6-10="friend", 11-15=true friend):

1. facebook friends - i stand by my online stalking. if you have a blog, that can substitute.
2. i've stayed up past 2am talking to you one-on-one
3. you've been invited to one of my elite parties
4. i've made you a gift - food, a cd, homemade art project, something i found on the street, etc.
5. you've received random emails from me (often with links)
6. we've hung out in k-town together
7. you've met my little brother & little sister
8. i've come to visit you after one of us moved
9. you have a name on my blog
10. i've mailed you a postcard from one of my travels
11. i am willing to talk to you on the phone for more than 5 minutes
12. we have gone a trip together
13. you know my favorite ways to consume news
14. i have invited you to do something with just me
15. you've seen me cry

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Still not 100%, but close.

Also "The Interrogator"? LOL. Literally. :)

Sara said...

Oh, man. You're so right. It's perfect. :)

Saule Cogneur said...

Carrie, now it's me wondering which one doesn't match.

IzeOfLight said...

10.5, and I'm SO rounding up to 11! (I've met your Little Brother, but not your Little Sister, hence the 0.5)

Saule Cogneur said...

Ironically, I have all of these but #6 I think.

Actually, there was that time we watched Minority Report at your house. Does that count?