Saturday, November 27, 2010

i want to pee in the woods!

my cousin and his family came to k-town for thanksgiving. the two year old boy was super cute and said/did lots of adorable things, but by far the most entertaining part of the weekend was watching him try to figure out how he was related to my dad. the rest of us were just random people to him, but his grandfather is my dad's identical twin brother, which was just too much for him to comprehend. even though my dad & uncle haven't lived together for the past 40 years, they are disturbingly similar. (years ago one of my cousins spent 3 days thinking my father was his father until his real father showed up. my cousin figured things out enough to call his father "daddy" and my father "uncle daddy", but he was 4)

after being confused for 2 days, i think little drew just gave up and decided that if this man that kept giving him candy wasn't his grandfather, he was close enough. he called my dad "grandpa" for the rest of the weekend.

No comments: