Monday, May 31, 2010

vacay

i love summer. the sun does not set until nine, fruit is in season, & vacations abound. during May i went home to Tennessee for mother's day. partly to see the fam & partly to get to talk with Boy on video chat. Boy took this picture of our mother a while ago. he titled it "words cannot not describe this picture"

is it sad that i know from the font on the sign in the background this was taken in a Banana Republic outlet store?

next up: camping! we went to the north georgia mountains (about 2 hours from ATL). i came in the late car so my tent was set up & my dinner was cooked upon my arrival (best way to camp). the weather was lovely, the company was good, the morning hike was enjoyable - success all around.

the gayest camping trip ever!

finally, i spent the long weekend at the beach. i'd never been to the Gulf before so i went to Destin, FL. it was surprisingly beautiful - white sand, aqua waters. my friend found us a sweet condo & i spent my weekend in the sun.

this renewed my desire to live on a coast

plans for June: DC, the Jersey shore, perhaps NYC

1 comment:

More Bacon said...

I won't be out in NYC until early August, so if you go in June, you'll have to come back in the fall so that we can make our trip to Max Brenner! :)