Tuesday, March 17, 2009

random stuff

i haven't been feeling very blog inspired lately. here are some random things from the past few days:

- Albanian is a weird language. for example:
"U dogj nga qulli, i fryn kosit" - he got burned by the mush, so he blows on his yogurt. (a common phrase supposedly)
Brekushezi - a person wearing black pantaloons
Brenc - a special knife for scraping off burnt crusts of bread
Zhig-scorched residue burned to the bottom of a pot (the food sounds just fabulous)
Shitohet-a verb meaning "to be struck down by mountain or forest fairies" (this, apparently, is a problem in albania)

- also, i miss Boy. particularly last week when i was in TN & he was not

- the concept of interest kinda pisses me off when it applies to me & student loans. when it applies to me & making money on my mutual fund, i am a fan. the difference right now? 6% - not in my favor. freaking crap student loan interest rates. "low rates for students" my ass...

- today i ate several cookies at school. they were all shaped liked penises. they were decorated with words like "herpes" & "crabs". i found this to be hilarious. i am a 12 year old. or perhaps younger.

3 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, man, Brooke. That last one was great. I had a good chuckle . . . Only in public health, huh? :)

More Bacon said...

I'm not sure why a cookie would have to be shaped like that, but frankly, I love cookies, so I don't care what they're shaped like!

bh said...

the cookies were passed out by the Reproductive Health Association at my school...they were tasty