Saturday, January 26, 2008

manifest destiny

Earlier this week The Manorexic discovered that he was accepted to GA Tech for a master's two years ago. He never got the acceptance letter & ended up going to the U instead. Now he is applying for PhD at GA Tech (and other non-important schools) and feels like the last 2 years at the U were a waste of his academic life. I think it has been really good for him to live in SLC & told him God hide his acceptance letter so he could find a wife in Utah.
I usually think that whatever actually ends up happening must be for the best. Sometimes I wonder if that is really true. I once expressed this sentiment regarding my dating of a boy when I already had my mission call. My Canadian dentist friend (who liked to tell me how poorly I treated guys) informed me that I only thought it had turned out for the best b/c it is what happened. Maybe I live in fatalist delusion to make myself feel better about poor choices. But, if that is how I've turned out, it must be for the best, right?

No comments: