Monday, January 21, 2008

in the bleak mid-winter

I spent most of my break travelling around the East Coast. Here are the highlights:

We looked around for Jim & Pam, but they must have been on vacation.

Nathan & me in the Book of Mormon print shop. Our ancestors are from Palmyra. Not that they joined the church or anything. That took a few more generations.

The path leading from the Sacred Grove back to the Smith farm. My grandma grew up in Palmyra and was good friends with the Mormon family that moved back here to acquire the land (the Bean family for you church historians).

The view from my hotel room in NYC - right on Times Square & I didn't pay a cent to stay there. Thanks, Boy! We had lots o'fun in nyc - one of the best trips I've had there. More pics to follow on Facebook.

And, of course, visiting the niece is always the highlight. Here she is modeling the hat my roomie gave me for Christmas.

2 comments:

More Bacon said...

How fun!!! That looks like GREAT travels!

Saule Cogneur said...

She looks a bit like your little sister.