Thursday, October 3, 2013

on gift giving

My philosophy on gift giving is this: A good gift is something the person would want but would never purchase for themselves. Some people are super easy to find gifts for. (I have at least 10 ideas for Babe's birthday). Other are crazy hard. For example, Boy is so impossible that his birthday was 2 weeks ago and I still have not gotten him anything. Even his wife said, "He is so hard to shop for!" I think partly it is just easier for me to shop for other women. 

I also really enjoy wrapping gifts and making them look nice. I recently realized I only have super girly gift bags and wrapping paper. The Beard's birthday was last week and all my gift bags were pink or polka dotted. So I just used an old shopping bag and some left over tissue paper that happened to be on top my tissue paper pile. It ended up looking like this:



Yes, I gave him a gift wrapped in a Sephora bag with Victoria Secret tissue paper. I clearly do not know how to give gifts to men. 

2 comments:

Sara said...

Oh, man! Me, either! I am horrible when it comes to gifts for men! (So I recently started a Google doc and will keep a running list whenever an idea occurs to me. We'll see how it goes . . .)

More Bacon said...

They say it's the thought that counts.....

Hopefully that's true.

Besides, you at least got him a present. I'm pretty sure that's all that matters.