Tuesday, April 9, 2013

travel log, part 2

Chapter 3: Maryland
I followed up my trip to Utah with a trip to Maryland. I saw every member of my family in 3 weeks time - in 3 different states! I went for the oldest niece's birthday, which happened to be on Easter. (Thus allowing me to get out of class by saying I was "with my family for Good Friday", which was technically true). 

We had a pretty low key visit. Lots of spending time at home, walking to the park, and the such. Since it was Easter, we dyed eggs. Children do not understand anything about dying eggs, but they turned out pretty well in the end: 

the next morning Caitlin tried to eat her egg with the shell still on it

The girls were super fun to visit, but here's a secret: Children are exhausting. So. Much. Energy. This picture is from when I suggested they wrestle on a bed. They remind me of fighting lions: 

"Little girls are made of sugar & spice, and everything nice" - A Liar
  
On Easter I showed the girls the Easter video the Church made. I was worried it might be too violent for 4 year olds, but Brooke Jr. said, "Did Jesus get killed?! I want to watch Jesus get killed again!" Their mother claims they were "just trying to understand it." 

Brooke Jr. & me. Taken by a 7 year old. obviously. 


Chapter 4: Georgia
The day after I got home from Maryland, The Jew came over. He brought me a cupcake and tulips. Super sweet, right? He, however, lacks a basic understanding of how to care for plants - like that they need water to live. He had purchased the tulips 24 hours earlier and just left them in the backseat of his car. I accidentally deleted the picture I took of them, but they basically looked like this: 

 it's the thought that counts

The ends were so dry I had to cut off a full 3 inches of stem. Hilarious. (The cupcake was delicious).

No comments: