Sunday, October 9, 2011

Political Protest Packing List

Surprising almost no one, I decided to check out Atlanta's version of the Occupy Wall Street protest this past Friday. I am not really the "sleeping in a park to send a political message" type, but I always enjoy a good march. And, let's be honest, any opportunity to make self-righteous/overly idealist signs. The ATL movement is just getting going so my co-worker and I didn't really know what to expect. I brought supplies for a variety of situations. 


This stuff:

went into this bag:



In the end we just sat around the park for 2 hours listening to idealists blather on about "the process", got bored, and left. I'm fairly certain they will eventually plan a march down the street to the Federal Reserve Bank in Atlanta. Hopefully that will be more exciting.


No comments: