Sunday, April 17, 2011

love & beauty

the temple in Atlanta has been closed for the past 2 years for remodeling, but it is done and we are in the middle of the open house before it's rededication. friday was my stake's day to work at the open house. i helped on the afternoon/evening shift. mostly i just stood on the sidewalk and gave people directions. honestly, i kinda felt like a temple square missionary just saying hello to people as they walked by. it made me glad i was not a temple square missionary.

i did get to sneak onto a tour group and i found myself looking forward to the temple being open again. since it has been closed i have only really been to the temple once. for me, going to the temple does not count if i go with other people - i find it distracting to know anyone else there. and with the closest temple 2.5 hours away, going alone was not very realistic. my last year in college i went to the temple every other tuesday afternoon, always by myself. when i think back on how emotionally taxing that year was, i am so grateful i had the luxury of a temple being 5 minutes from my house. even though i get bored and tend to nap during the beginning, there is something about being there that helps me feel calmer. it is unexplainable, but it is there. and i am glad it can be in my life again.

No comments: