Wednesday, April 21, 2010

denial is never totally possible

I usually have weird/happy dreams, but when I am stressed I have nightmares. Particularly when I am not releasing that stress in other ways. My last year in college I had a stat theory class that was extremely challenging (mostly b/c the professor was crap). One night before our first test I had a dream that consisted only of probability symbols and calculus. Worst. dream. ever.

Usually these bad dreams are not that specific to the situation. For example, during the most stressful time of my mission, I had extremely disturbing & horribly violent dreams. (Like, Quentin Tarantino movie violent) Last night I dreamed about fighting with my imaginary dream-induced boyfriend, being attacked by dogs, & my little brother dying on his mission... I think my subconscious is a little stressed.

2 comments:

TheBenandKaties said...

ha ha. when I have stress dreams, they are of me being unprepared at school, or me back in high school/college, not having attended any of the classes or read any of the material, with the final coming up.

IzeOfLight said...

I think this calls for a trip to California to release stress. Nothing like the Las Brisas in Laguna Beach or La Sirena Grill to make life happy . . . just ask Liz.