Friday, July 17, 2009

making progress

one of my goals for the summer is to be less snobby at church and actually get to know some people who live more than 10 minutes away from me. i think i've been doing pretty well. last night at a party i became friends with a guy i'd never talked to before. it was an art student's birthday party & the host was having everyone paint her pictures with watercolors. i wasn't really in a painting mood so i decided to interpret/critique the paintings. my new friend joined me in the critiquing and we moved from mocking paintings to mocking people. so maybe that was a little snobby, but i still made a new friend so i think it was worth it.

3 comments:

nikki said...

Unfortunately, I'm fairly certain your new friend lives within ten minutes of you.

But good work.

bh said...

thanks for bursting my bubble, nikki. i'm pretty sure he lives at LEAST 11 minutes away if i drive slowly

Carrie said...

Who lives 10 minutes from Brooke? I thought ITP was in exodus?