Saturday, July 19, 2008

a bitter irony

Before I left for Africa I went to visit my New Jersey grandparents. They are both 95 years old, and every time I've visited them in the last 5 years I think they will die before I see them again. So I try to visit them often & write them letters, etc.

My Utah grandma is almost 87. Since she is younger & has usually been healthier than G&G in NJ, I didn't' really think about her health.

But, since beginning this post 20 minutes ago, I got an email saying my Utah grandma has died. And I'm a million miles away with little hope of getting home for the funeral. I'm really sad.

2 comments:

Sue said...

Aw, I'm sorry. That stinks. Anything I can do for you from here?

More Bacon said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! Let me know if there's anything I can do... *sending all my happy thoughts and love to whatever land/ocean you're hanging out in these days*